Egle Ellerman is a Russian photographer from Denmark and a member of the World Professional Photographers Organization. In Ellerman's works, every detail plays an important role – to reflect worldview of Egle, convey her vision of erotic and prove that the most important thing in art is to follow your creative impulses. Otherwise, you will lose yourself.
- Egle Ellerman, please tell us about yourself.
- I’m a Russian photographer based in Aalborg, Denmark.
I was born in 1990 in little town close to Ufa. Since childhood I was always interested in art and literature, so it was natural way to choose this way to develop passion.
- When and how did you start taking photographs?
- I was a painter for a long time; I was enjoying painting eyes and faces, so that was a natural way to photograph beauty. I try to express my vision through makeup and details.
- How do you get inspired? And what inspires you the most?
- I get inspired by art, mostly from the first part of 20 century. There was a “taste” revolution and a lot of artists tried to think out of the box and express their vision in new way. I find it impressive.
- Is there any other photographer that you consider as a kind of idol?
- Yes, a lot. But the one and only Helmut Newton is my constant idol.
- Let’s talk about your art. What a role does make-up play in your work? How big is it?
- I pay a lot attention to the makeup. I think it’s a kind of art: textures, forms, colors. From the gentle nude makeup to the wild avant-garde lines. With involving different things into: stones, food, textile, plastic, etc. You can express anything by the makeup itself.
- What do you try to capture in your photographs?
I try to capture my vision of erotic. All my work based on libido. It’s an important part of my art life.
- What was the best piece of advice you were given starting out?
- “Do only what you like specifically.” There is always a chance to rotate along the way if you try to please other people’s tastes, especially at the beginning of the journey. Your vision is unique.
- What kind of gear do you use?
- Nikon d800 & Sigma 50mm 1,4.
- Which is your favorite lens? Why?
- It feels like a part of my eyes or brain or something. It matches perfectly.
- You have been participating in 35AWARDS since 2015. What attracts you to this contest?
- I’m not that close to popular trends in photography. There I can explore what most of people like.
- And what do you think participation in WPPO can give you?
- I’m just honored to be a part of the community.